Create and Maintain Your Own Web Site

Whether you are a coach, individual, entrepreneur, small business owner or run a non-profit organization, team or club, you can learn how to create and maintain your own low or no cost blog or website in as short a time possible with a little help from me, your professional Tech Coach.

Who Can Do This?

If you can use a word processor and a web browser, you'll be able to have your own blog or website. You will need to have access to a web browser on a computer with a high speed Internet connection.

Free Tech Coach Tip: FEAR is often nothing more than False Evidence Appearing Real.

In life, we are often afraid of what we don't know. However that fear goes away when we learn. With the help from me, your professional Tech Coach, you will be amazed at what you can do! I will be right there by your side to teach you what you need to know and to answer your questions.

Why would you want to do this yourself?

I can't begin to tell you how often I speak with people who have paid someone to develop a website for them in the past that not only didn't meet their needs, but that they could not manage on their own once it was ready. Some have even gone through the experience more than once.

After JUST ONE HOUR of working with me, you will have your very own low or no cost site and feel qualified to be in the driver's seat. You will:

  • Be able to update your site how you want, whenever you want;
  • Be able to make changes in a matter of minutes;
  • Be free from having to pay hundreds of dollars in ongoing maintenance fees;
  • Have addressed your need to be present on the Internet;
  • Have a sustainable site that almost anyone can manage and maintain.
What it all comes down to is, why would you hire someone to manage and maintain your site when you can do it yourself in a matter of minutes from anywhere that you have access to the Internet through a web browser? Depending on your cell phone, you may even be able to use it to make small changes. Imagine walking out of a meeting and already having your site up to date.

How do we get started?

  1. The first step is to contact me to let me know you are interested. Together we will choose a package that will best meet your needs, schedule a date and time for our coaching session, and address any concerns you might have.
  2. Once I have received your payment, I will email you a copy of my Clarity Guide, a special questionnaire designed specifically to help us figure out what you want so that we can focus on helping you get it. It covers basic things such as your preference for a user name, a password, the name of your business or organization, etc., information that we will need to create your site. Feel free to ask questions or let me know if you have any concerns.
  3. Email me back the completed Clarity Guide questionnaire at least 2 business days before our session so that I have time to look it over and prepare for our session together.
That's it. At the agreed time, we will make it all happen.

Basic Blog or Website (like this one)

Believe it or not, it only takes about one hour to create a website similar to this one and that includes providing you with enough basic information to maintain it. We can build your site using Blogger or WordPress. For a basic site, I offer a couple of packages:

The Value Package

This package is packed with amazing value. Not only do you get a website or blog, you will also learn and see how it is done. This package includes:
  • Free YourSiteName.blogspot.com or YouSiteName.WordPress.com domain name
  • The installation of your choice of a predesigned template
  • Up to 5 static web pages in addition to your home page
  • Login information emailed directly to you
  • An electronic copy of my Clarity Guide Questionnaire and Web Designer Workbook to help you develop your site and its contents
  • Basic Training on using on your site
With the Value Package, you are involved from the very beginning. You will see how to create accounts, the basic site and configure some settings. The benefit is that you gain much more knowledge and increasing your chances of being able to create additional similar sites on in the future. You will also get the learn how to add and edit information such as text and graphics on your site and be able to do it all on your own.

More information...

The Express Package

The Express Package was created for busy individuals who want the website up and running in the shortest amount of time possible. You still get everything described above in the Value Package however most of the set-up work is completed before we meet allowing us to just focus on Basic Training, what you really need to know.

More information...

The Custom Designer Option

For a more personalized website, we can:
  • Customize the Header - the graphic which appears at the top of the pages
  • Custom the Colours - background, colour of the text, colour of the links
  • Apply a customized Domain Name
More information...

The Deluxe Training Option

At the time of your order, add an extra 120 minutes of additional one-on-one Tech Training at 50% off where you can ask questions like:
  • Can you guide me on creating my content?
  • How do I create additional static web pages?
  • What are Widgets (also known as plug-ins or add-ons) and how do I use then?
  • How do I add video on my site?
  • How can I take on-line payments?
  • How do I create an Opt-In Mailing list?
  • How do I create a "Contact Us" type form?
  • How do I add a photo gallery to my site?
  • How can I have a widget appear on a specific page(s)?
  • How can I find out how many people are visiting my site?
  • What do I need to do to get my site listed on Google, Yahoo or Bing?
  • How can I place ads on my site?
More information...

Tech Coaching

All of the above options include basic one-on-one Tech Coaching with me where you will learn how to add, edit and maintain your new site. You will learn how to create new pages, change existing pages, add pictures and make backups of your site.

Additional Options

If you aren't sure, I recommend that you start with a basic site. It will be easier to learn and will give you the opportunity to figure out what you really want out of your Website or Blog. You can always bring your information with you when you decide to upgrade in the future.


More advanced types of hosted sites based on WordPress or Website Baker have advantages including much greater flexibility while still remaining simple to use and manage. You can optionally skip the basic site and start off with something more powerful that will enable more flexibility down the road.

Additional Tech Coaching is available to help with any questions that might come up over time or to help you set-up and learn to use any the following:
For more information, please contact me or visit my website.

I look forward to working with you in the near future.

With warmest regards,

Michael
Life and Tech Coach Michael Milette
Come discover a great life
www.TNGConsulting.ca/TechCoach/